Review: Summoned



"Summoned: Book 1 of The Elemental" by Susan Leigh Noble

File Size: 414 KB/630 KB
Language: English
ASIN: B005HB1IMG
BN ID: 2940011465079
Purchase: Kindle, Nook

There are some interesting concepts in this book and some slightly different takes on the normal fantasy genre. For me though it’s more a young adult book as the plot was not as deep as I normally enjoy but it was simple to follow and you don’t have to decipher what is going on at any point in the book.

I found the main character, Lina, likeable and at points I was really drawn into the book. Oddly the character that interested me most was not a big part in the book, a young lad called Coy who I did enjoy. He has a lot of potential and I hope he is used more in the books that follow.

I liked Summoned; the characters are enjoyable the combat simple to follow and the plot unfolds easily as you read on.

I didn’t enjoy the excessively short sentences early on but as the book progressed the author’s confidence did and they started to disappear.

For a fantasy book it’s fairly short at around the 80,000 words mark. This said it told the story well and did not need to be any longer. The prologue really piqued my interest and now the characters are established I hope there is more of this to come in the later books as I am a big dragon fan.

A good opening book, with potential to build as the series grows but for me it fits better as a young adult fantasy book and in this category it fits well.




Reviewed by: C.P. Sennett

A free copy of this book was furnished by the author for review, but providing a copy did not guarantee a review. This information is provided per the regulations of the Federal Trade Commission.

0 comments: