Review: The Crooked God Machine

"The Crooked God Machine" by Autumn Christian

File Size: 552 KB
Language: English
ASIN: B006PNJ2L4
Purchase: Kindle
Website: www.autumnchristian.net

Upon first glance, I thought this book was going to be a religious attack of some sort. And I suppose if one wanted to, they could take it as such. However, given that it is a work of fiction, I don't consider it an attack of any kind - just a well written story.

I was easily swept up in the world, wondering how it got to that point and how the character was going to survive it. Some parts of it did confuse me, or didn't seem to fit well - like one of the characters recovering from brain surgery in the matter of minutes. I brushed it off assuming the advanced technology of the world allowed such a thing, but it would have been nice to have it explained.

The ending was well written, although personally it disappointed me. I read books that have some sort of a happy ending and this one - well this one I can't tell if it was 'happy' or not. More like, the lesser of two evils perhaps? But, this did not reflect in my rating of the story, because as I said, it was well written and fit with what had happened before.

This book might not have been my cup of tea, but I still enjoyed it as it was written well - no jarring skips or bumps in the plot, no typos, etc. I would still recommend this book to someone who loves a horror-type dystopian sci-fi story.



Reviewed by: Anastasia V. Pergakis

A free copy of this book was furnished by the author for review, but providing a copy did not guarantee a review. This information is provided per the regulations of the Federal Trade Commission.

0 comments: